OnePlus has a history of launching great phones at a budget. OnePlus 3T was one the best handset of 2016. Now in 2017 OnePlus is all set to launch it’s latest flasgship OnePlus 5.
OnePlus 5 specs:
As always this year also OnePlus’s device will come with high-end specs to compete with the current line of flagships such as Galaxy S8, LG G6, iPhone 7, Huawei P10.
- It will be powered by industry leading Snapdragon processor : Snapdragon 835, which was confirmed by OnePlus CEO Pete Lau.
- Device is supposed to support a 5.5″ AMOLED display with Full HD or QHD resolution. Some rumors hinting a curved screen on sides.
- Device will have 6GB ram for sure with 128GB of onboard storage. But we can see a 8GB variant in the future just like last year OnePlus 3T upgrade.
- Battery will be also see an upgrade. Device is reported to have a 3,600 mAh battery. No doubt there will be support for Dash Charging, which will likely be even better this year.
- Fingerprint scanner is going to be on front.
- Following the latest trend and to provide you the best imaging quality, OnePlus 5 is expected to feature a dual-camera setup. OnePlus also recently revealed that it had teamed up with DxO, the company behind DxOMark, to “enhance your photography experience” on the OnePlus 5. Check out the official camera comparison posted by OnePlus below
- Headphone jack is the one thing which we are not sure of, but high chances are that OnePlus will keep the headphone jack for good atleast this year.
- For the software part OnePlus 5 will run the latest and greatest Android Nougat with the OxygenOS skin on top.
Like it’s previous gen models, OnePlus will also have miinimal design this year also with nothing extraordinary to be seen. However some reports have come up saying that the company might opt for glass contruction this year rather than metal.
OnePlus Launch & Price
OnePlus has confirmed that the phone will be officially unvieled on June,2o. However, OnePlus will also launch the new handset at an exclusive event in India on June 22.
OnePlus made the announcement on Twitter and the event will take place in Mumbai at 14:00 local time. OnePlus fans will be able to buy tickets to attend the event through the OnePlus website from June 12 and those who attend will receive gift hampers “full of super add-ons and OnePlus merchandise,” OnePlus says. In addition, is you set an SMS alert to watch the live OnePlus 5 launch anytime between now and June 20 (which you can do at the previous link), you’ll also have the chance to win one of five OnePlus 5 handsets.
OnePlus always offers great value for money devices and are very affordable as compare to the competetion. So, this year also the trend will continue this year also.
Though pricing isn’t confirmed yet, but according to specifications and features Rs.30-35,000 is a safe bet. Rest will be revealed on the launch date.