Motorola a few days back announced Moto Z2 Play, successor to the last year’s modular phone Z1 play. The phone supports a 5.5-inch 1080p Super Amoled display. It is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 626 with 3GB/4GB ram. There is 12mp camera on the back with Dual autofocus pixels plus laser autofocus to help cope with the low light situations. There is also 5mp front facing camera for the selfie lovers. Both the cameras has dual-tone LED flash.
The body of the phone is 5.99mm slim and despite being so thin it packs a 3000mah battery with support for turbo charging. It lets you charge phone from 0 to 50% in just 20 minutes.
Same as last year, Moto Z2 comes support for Moto Mods that let’s you enhance phone’s abilities. This is the main highlight feature of Moto Z series phone. Aside from upgrading the smartphone itself motorola has also updated the moto mods.
Like last year you get a JBL SoundBoost 2 and TurboPower mod to enhance phone power. The new JBL SoundBoost 2 mod comes with 10 hours of playtime built right into it. It has water-repellent coating and has fabric body. The new TurboPower mod that has 15W fast charging built into it. It has a button on the back along with LED indicators. It can charge the phone up 50% in just 20 minutes says the company.
One thing new this year is the new Moto gamepad mod that let’s you turn your phone into a full fledged gaming pad. Now that’s something exciting for all the hardcore gamers. And lastly there are Moto Style Shells that adds wireless charging(upto 10W) ability to phone and comes in various finishes.
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.2GHz GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM with 64GB storage / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Single / Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Laser Auto focus, f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 76.2 x 5.99mm; Weight: 145g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Turbo charging
The Moto Z2 Play will be available in Lunar Gray, Nimbus Blue and Fine Gold colors and starts at $499 (Rs. 32130 approx.). Moto TurboPower Pack Mod is priced at US$79.99 (Rs. 5150 approx.), Moto Style Shell with Wireless Charging costs US$39.99 (Rs. 2575 approx.), JBL SoundBoost 2 costs US$79.99 (Rs. 5150 approx.) and the Moto GamePad is priced at US$79.99 (Rs. 5150 approx.). These new Mods will be available globally this summer.