Micromax today has launched it’s latest flagship smartphone, Dual 5. As the name suggests the phone’s main highlight is the dual-camera setup at the rear. Dual 5 features dual 13 megapixels Sony sensors, one of them is monochrome and other one is RGB sensor.
The monochrome sensor is used to capture details and depth related info and both the shots from RGB & monochrome sensors are merged together to achieve higher level of details in the end picture. Both these have an aperture of f/1.8. There is also a 13-mp selfie camera with led flash.
Dual 5 is called as ‘Most Secure Phone India has ever seen’ by Micromax. The phone has a dedicated secure os which can accessed using a special fingerprint or password. In this secure vault you can save private images, videos, messages and even install payment apps securely, any of this will not be visible to some other person who uses your phone. For this micromax has used a military-grade chip which is solely used for saving passwords and other data that you choose to be secure.
There is also an anti-theft feature built into the phone itself. If someone tries to access your phone without you knowing and enters the password couple of times, the phone will capture his picture secretly and will show you that pic the next time you unlock your phone.
The phone also has a dedicated smart key on it’s left side which can be used for various functions as per user requirement. One more additional feature is there which is software based. This feature is called Freezer. Using this one can put the unused apps in the freezer folder where the apps are frozen means they will not be using any system resources in the background when not used. You can still access them though.
Full Specifications of Dual 5
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with 100% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor (Quad 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.2GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / micro)
- 13MP (monochrome) + 13MP (RGB) rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, Sony sensors, 4K video recording
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, soft selfie flash, Sony sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Fingerprint sensor Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz),Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type C
- 3200mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Micromax Dual 5 comes in Gold color and is priced at Rs. 24,999. It will be available from April 10th through Flipkart, Micromax Store and offline stores across India. It has Micromax Care App that promises 24 hour service and has 1 year replacement warranty. Micromax also said it is planning to launch smaller Dual 4 in the Dual series soon. The next launch will happen soon, in the coming weeks we can see another phone from the company. So, stay tuned for that.